What does the project do?
The Fistula Care project:
- Strengthens the capacity of health care facilities to repair genital fistula and care for women with fistula
- Trains health care providers to prevent and repair fistula and to care for women affected by this condition
- Educates communities about fistula and how it can be prevented
- Prevents new cases of fistula by improving the quality of emergency obstetric care and by increasing access to and availability of family planning
- Collects and analyzes data to improve the quality of fistula services
- Encourages local and national policies that support fistula prevention and treatment